ANNIE GRACE SABIN - March 30, 2010 - August 1, 2010

ANNIE GRACE SABIN - March 30, 2010 - August 1, 2010

Background

Monday, June 21, 2010

Struggling

Annie is struggling again. This is SO frustrating, especially because we were so close to attempting extubation! So, here is the scoop: she is still draining tons of fluid from her chest, even though she is not receiving nutrition through her NJ tube; she has been spiking fevers over the last couple of days; she has had two broviac lines placed and is running out of other options for IV access (a broviac is a port that is intended for very long term IV access- i.e: for patients requiring chemotherapy; they are placed in the O.R. and her first one broke after only two days!); AND she has had to have her ventilator support increased as she has struggled with rapid breathing and less than ideal blood gasses. The fluid draining from her chest tube is the top priority at this point. She has not responded to changing her formula or ending her feeds, so the plan is to try a medication (one that has not been used widely for this, but has been shown to work in some cases). If the drainage does not slow down in the next few days, then they want to do another surgery (success with this is also questionable). I hate to even say the 'S' word out loud! Annie needs a break so badly. Hopefully, we will find the answers needed to help her heal and get better. Maybe, if we can fix the drainage from her chest tube and get her the nutrition that she so desperately needs, everything else will improve as well. Thank you for your prayers for Annie and her doctors. Please keep them coming!

7 comments:

  1. Hi, I am little Ammon's grandmother, John's mom. I have been following your blog and wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with your family. Thanks for sharing your story. Janet Speth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a strong Momma! My heart breaks for you and for Annie having to go through so much. I hope and pray that she will continue to be strong and that the doctors will be inspired and guided to do what is best for your little sweetheart. I've put yours and Annie's name on the prayer roll at the Bountiful temple, I hope you don't mind. I wanted to do something to help, and that's what came to mind. Hang in there and love on that precious little girl!
    Hugs,
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy you are truly an amazing woman I read your postings and cry everytime. You are so strong when I don't know how you find the strength to go on when you getting thrown so many curve balls. I pray for you, Annie and your family everyday. She is a fighter and thats a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I am so sorry to hear the Annie is struggling. I keep you, your Family and Annie in my thoughts and prayers. You have been so strong through all of this. I know that's where Annie gets her strength from! I hope that she continues to be strong and that the Doctors will be guided to do what is best for Annie. I think of you often and just want you to know that I am here if I can do anything for you and your Family.
    Love,
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Little Annie, Today I am praying for angels to comfort you and miracles to visit you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Amy,
    You are honestly the strongest woman I know. And little Annie Grace takes after you for sure, she is such a fighter. You are both an inspiration to me.

    I have been trying to accomplish a few things lately that have been quite difficult for me, and I really did not feel capable, and have been tempted to give up on more than one occasion. But each time I have felt like quitting, just giving up because it seems too hard, I think of you and Annie.

    I think about how Annie must struggle even for breath to get through her days, about how many times she has been poked and prodded, often unsuccessfully, and now most likely is facing a third surgery in less than 3 months of her very short time on earth. I think of her patience as she is literally growing up within the confines a tiny bed. These thoughts have given me a renewed strength and determination from the examples both of you have set, and I find the desire to push a little harder and find I can do more and do it better.

    I cannot even begin to imagine how very hard these past weeks have been on you and Cameron. I pray for all of you constantly , always carrying a prayer in my heart, and now I pray that she will get that break she so desperately needs. My love for you and you family overwhelms me at times. I wish I could change things, which of course I cannot, but still I am so very grateful for the many life lessons I am learning daily from your sweet Annie. Her life is truly a gift. I love you with every thing that is in me, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so wonderful to meet you in person today! My husband was passing Annie's room, and sneaked a tiny peek as he walked by, and came and told me that she is just so sweet! We will keep Annie and your family in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete